Friday, August 27, 2010

I've given in!!

Like 6 million others Americans, I finally gave in and bought a copy of Eat, Pray, Love. I hesitated for awhile, considering it to be a just another self-indulgent, "chick-lit" account until I finally realized that I was self-indulgent, and a chick no less, and considering a taking a year somewhat similar to Elizabeth Gilbert's.

I've been reading all day now. It can be sappy at times but its such a perfectly fun and insightful read. It's interesting to hear an older (and much wiser) woman's tale through a sort of "gap year" and I take comfort in knowing that she and I sometimes had the same thoughts. In fact, I can't help but occasionally think that she and I are so incredibly similar, of course, that's always the danger when you're reading a book you really like.

I've been going through highlighting ( I know) certain passages and re-reading a few sections so I'm not reading all that fast and haven't gotten through that much of it. More to come when I'm a little further along in the story.  (So far though the Italy section is making me extremely happy)

More soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment