Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

Today I spent the entire day at the doctors office getting the shots and medications I need before I go to Haiti (more on that to come) and while I was there I thought I would start a new book : The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I have to say, I don't know if this was the book or the fact that I was in the only crowded and loud waiting area covered by my less-than-fantastic insurance, but I was really bored.



I have to say it's a little bit annoying to listen to someone who seems to have everything- a loving husband and family, financial security, an apartment on the Upper East Side, and not to mention a Yale education and law degree- rant on about cleaning her closets and finding happiness in her already, dare I say, perfect life. She does have some words of wisdom however (most of which she's quoted from famous figures and writers of history) but there are nonetheless some lessons to be learned here.
I just wish I didn't have to hear so much about her sock drawer in the process....

More to come as I get further into the book. I sense a few quotes in the near future as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment